Thursday, 28 September 2017

My Experience Buying Prescription Glasses Online

To be honest up to now I have always been hesitant to buy prescription glasses online without being able to try the frames on in person. 

I have enough difficulties buying glasses instore so I thought buying glasses online would be even harder.

So when I was offered the opportunity to choose a pair of prescription glasses online as a gift from optically.com.au I nearly declined this offer but then as I had experienced four unsuccessful trips to various instore glasses shops at Chatswood, St Ives, Warringah Mall and the Macquarie Centre to find glasses I liked I changed my mind and decided to give online glasses shopping a go! 

I am so glad I did take up this opportunity because buying prescription glasses online and choosing frames to suit my face was sooooo much easier online than instore! 

Let me explain why!



On every occasion when I went instore I had an over attentive sales assistant telling me the glasses I was trying on looked wonderful when I totally didn't agree! I became frustrated on each occasion trying on between 10 - 20 frames in each store with the sales assistant hovering right next to me and not finding any I liked.

I also had difficulties seeing what they looked like on me as the glasses I was trying on obviously weren't fitted with my prescription.  

Online is so much more leisurely and less stressful. It is actually a fun experience! 

I started off checking out the thousands of different styles of women's glasses. 

To narrow my choice down I limited my price to under $70. There were still hundreds of glasses to choose from.

Once I found some glasses I thought I might like I simply clicked on the 'Try On' option to see a model wearing the glasses. 

My favourite feature however was the 'Try On With A Close Up Pic' option where I could upload a selfie and then see how the glasses would look on me!



This is the best feature ever! 

It is so quick and easy to click on the glasses and then see on your own photo what the glasses will look like.

It is definitely quicker and easier than actually trying on the glasses in real life.

Plus as I was wearing my own prescription glasses at the time I could see clearly what I would look like wearing the chosen glasses.

I was quickly able to rule out styles and colours of frames that simply did not suit me. 

Harry Potter style round lenses and red frames are definitely not the best choice for me - lol!

Here's a photo of the reading glasses I ended up choosing. 




If you want more information about The Mummy Bloggers book I'm reading click HERE.  
I highly recommend it as an entertaining read, especially if you are a blogger! 

Optically also sells a huge range of prescription sunglasses with prices starting from $15 and ranging up to $200. I might need to order a new pair in time for the warmer weather and sunshine.  

The other huge benefit of buying glasses online is the heavily discounted price. 

Prices for a complete pair of prescription glasses including the lenses themselves, the frames and the postage start from $19! 

For those of you who have previously paid hundreds and hundreds of dollars instore for a pair of prescription glasses like I have, you will know what a bargain price this is! 

I'm sure you're now wondering about the quality of these online glasses. Let me reassure you that I have no complaints whatsoever about the quality of the glasses I received! 

If you are not completely satisfied Optically have a 100% guarantee which enables you to obtain a full refund.

I'm so tempted to now buy several more pairs of prescription glasses online so I can have a wardrobe of glasses to coordinate with different outfits! 


Do you have a wardrobe of glasses? 


Have you bought any glasses online? 


Chocolate Dipped Strawberries from Edible Blooms


xxx

Ingrid

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:
 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
The above pair of prescription glasses was kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

13 comments:

  1. Wow that's so good you can pick online like that! They all look lovely on you.
    I really want to read that book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually fun trying all the different glasses on my selfie photo to choose the one that suit me best! The book is good! Now that I have new prescription reading glasses reading it is so much more comfortable!

      Delete
  2. What a great service! I love that you can see what they look like on without a pushy salesperson hovering over you. They look great!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a good service! It was so much fun clicking to try on all these different shapes, styles and colours of glasses.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a great service. I like how they have the option to try the frames on the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very clever being able to 'try on' the glasses onto your selfie! It's also a lot of fun to use! I wish clothing websites had a similar 'try on' option with clothes!

      Delete
  4. I keep thinking about embarking on the same journey for prescription sunnies but was shying away because I have a rough time finding glasses to fit my face as well. Honestly, everything just looks huge on me. You've given me confidence to give online sunglass shopping a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, I need new glasses. Thanks for the review.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is a great idea. I have always had issues trying on glasses without my glasses on first!! Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 38/52. Next Week's Prompt is Any Regrets?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't wear glasses, but I really should get my eyes tested!

    ReplyDelete