Monday, 31 July 2017

Maybelline Makeup Goodies From RY

Thanks to Ry.com.au I received the following Maybelline goodies to trial and review for you:

Maybelline New York Makeup 


Maybelline New York Makeup


Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette

The Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette is so pretty! The palette includes 12 complementary shades including blushes, plums, roses & neutrals. The majority of these shades are infused with subtle rose gold pigment, which being a lover of all things rose gold I absolutely love! There are also a couple of matte shades. Unfortunately my photo did not pick up the shimmer, you'll just have to check out this palette in real life to see that!

The strength of pigmentation varies between the lighter and darker shades, with the darker shades being more pigmented. The lighter shades need more coats and blending.

This palette is very versatile and suits both day and night looks, casual and more glam looks. I've been using it mainly for my everyday looks. I recommend using a primer underneath for the best result.

This mascara has been aptly named. It instantly lengthened my lashes and made them appear fuller, giving the illusion of false eye lashes. All this with just one coat!

What makes this mascara different is it's spoon brush and flexible wand. Roughly 1cm from the base of the bristles it has the ability to flex significantly which is designed to help lift and separate the lashes making them appear fuller.

Maybelline Volum'Express The Falsies Washable Mascara
in Blackest Black

It has a kera-fibre formula to help build the lashes. 

The formula dries fairly quickly so you need to work quickly between coats. 

Personally this mascara worked best for me when I applied just one coat. Any more than two coats and it became clumpy for me. More than two coats is unnecessary anyway in my opinion as I achieved such a full looking, good result with one coat.

The black pigment is beautifully dramatic.

As expected by the 'washable mascara' title, this mascara was easy to remove with no aggressive rubbing required. It came off using just water on a cotton pad.

I will happily continue using this mascara.

One of the advantages of having makeup sent to you to trial is that you often trial something you may not have otherwise bought, and then find that it meets your needs perfectly! 

The Maybelline FITme! Matte + Poreless Foundation is a great example of this. Personally I would probably have chosen the Maybelline FITme! Dewy + Smooth Foundation as I have mature skin and would have thought the dewy version of this foundation may have worked better for my skin type but to my pleasant surprise the Matte + Poreless version was perfect for me.

Maybelline FITme! Matte + Poreless Foundation

I found it easy to apply and it blended beautifully. It wasn't at all drying on my skin like matte products can sometimes be and most importantly it was effective in reducing the appearance of my pores. As with all foundations I used a primer underneath it and moisturised my skin in the morning before applying any makeup. 

I found this foundation to have medium coverage but it was buildable on areas that I have pigmentation. I trialed this foundation using my fingers, a foundation brush and a beauty blender. I got the best results using the beauty blender.

I did find the consistency of the Maybelline FITme! Matte + Poreless Foundation to be a bit runnier than other foundations I have recently tried, not that this was an issue at all. If anything I think it made blending the foundation easier.

Maybelline FITme! Matte + Poreless Foundation

My only minor complaint about this foundation is that it didn't come with a pump action dispenser. Possibly due to it's runny consistency a pump wasn't deemed necessary.

Overall I think the Maybelline FITme! Matte + Poreless Foundation is a great product for a great price. I will be happy to purchase this foundation after I finish this trial bottle. 

I might be a beauty blogger but I am not a makeup artist so when it comes to 'strobing' I've got to admit I have no idea and just the word 'strobing' itself I find intimidating!

BUT I do know how to highlight, and that's basically what this Maybelline Face Studio Master Strobing Stick excels at! So don't get put off by the word 'strobing' in the product title if like me you aren't a makeup artist. This product is a gorgeous illuminating highlighter!

Maybelline Face Studio Master Strobing Stick
Illuminating Highlighter

It adds such a lovely radiant, glowy effect, something I've found my skin losing from about the age of forty onwards as my skin has matured and become dryer. 

I add the highlighter above my cheek bones before I add my blush and down the centre of my nose. I also add it to the inside corner of my eyes to open them up and give me a more youthful look. In addition it looks fabulous applied to my cupid's bow.

Maybelline Face Studio Master Strobing Stick
Illuminating Highlighter

It has a lightweight creamy texture and is totally easy to use.

Apart from the word 'strobing' in the product title I love everything about the Maybelline Face Studio Master Strobing Stick Illuminating Highlighter. Like all Maybelline products it is reasonably priced.


Do you have a favourite Maybelline product?

Have you tried any of the above Maybelline products?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

* The above Maybelline products were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration.
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

40 comments:

  1. The Strobing Stick looks really pretty and I'm so happy you've discovered a great foundation in the Maybelline FitMe Matte & Poreless. I love Maybelline makeup and have bought a lot of it over the years!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybelline would have to be my fave "drugstore" brand. I just wish that they would include a pump in the Fit Me foundation!
    xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to remember not to tip the foundation right over because the foundation is quite runny but I'm gradually remembering to be careful with it.

      Delete
  3. That blushed nudes palette looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks more awesome in real life when you can see the rose gold shimmer better!

      Delete
  4. I have no idea what strobing is either, but my sister in law told me I do need to buy an illuminator. It's all too complicated for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ignore the word strobing and use it like an illuminator or my preferred word, highlighter! YOu use it on the high points of your face that you want to highlight.

      Delete
  5. I've not heard of poreless foundation before. It sounds kinda intriguing! #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite amazing how it minimises my pores!

      Delete
  6. I love rose gold too so that palette looks very appealing - love the colours! I'm also very interested in the mascara. My current one needs to be thrown and I wont get it again. I wasn't very impressed. Really need to find a good one! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose gold is always flattering on the skin!

      Delete
  7. Loving the look of those blushed nudes #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the look of those nude shades...& the highlighter. I have no idea how to strobe, but like you, like a highlighter. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blushed and nude shades are always a winner!

      Delete
  9. It's so hard to find a foundation that's just the right shade ... a very lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my biggest challenges with choosing a foundation.

      Delete
  10. Huge fan of Maybelline mascara!!!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline is such a great affordable brand!

      Delete
  11. These all look like great products. I think I'd need a tutorial on how to use them all! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's an idea for another blog post!

      Delete
  12. Love the eye shadow palette. Such great colors!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty palette and very versatile!

      Delete
  13. I love everything in this post! I prefer the original Nude palette or the new Rock Nude but that is only a personal preference. Great foundation, i have 2 different colours for summer and winter. And don't be scared of strobing, it is the same as highlighting where the light normally would bounce of the face. you are just intensifying the effect. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbe! I haven't tried the other two palettes, but I'll have to seek them out now!

      Delete
  14. I have a feeling the first makeup I ever tried way Maybelline! Probably my sisters that I "borrowed" haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Older sisters are good for "borrowing" makeup from when you're growing up!

      Delete
  15. Well I can sure vouch for the mascara - haven't tried this washable formula but the waterproof one has been my HG for many many years. Might try the strobing stick next - I usually steer clear of illuminating products, but this looks so so pretty ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the strobing stick Kat! It's stunning!

      Delete
  16. Oh my the master strobing stick is absolutely beautiful! Definitely adding to my wish list :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Flip that strobing stick looks so good! I have one somewhere, I need to find it and use it! So great the foundation worked well for you. Always a treat to find out that products you wouldn't normally buy actually work great for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely dig that strobing stick out of your makeup cupboard Mel! It's gorgeoouus!

      Delete
  18. Love the colours in the palette, I definitely have my eye on this. Time to buy some new makeup I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a good time for new makeup!

      Delete
  19. Another great haul for you to review for your readers. Thanks for linking up this week for #lifethisweek. Next week: Ideal Meal

    ReplyDelete