Monday, 15 May 2017

How To Winter Proof Your Lips & Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oil Review

Winter Proofing Lip Hack

Winter is fast approaching bringing with it bitingly cold temperatures and windy weather. 

Perfect conditions for turning up the indoor heating and snuggling in front of an open fire but not so good in terms of the frequently resulting dry, chapped and flaky lips!

I recently learnt a clever hack for winter proofing my lips and lucky you fabulous reader, I always share any great tips and hacks that I learn along the way with you!

The talented beauty experts at Elizabeth Arden recommend that as you are moisturising your face prior to starting your makeup routine you also moisturise your lips using a clean mascara wand to apply the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour to your lips.

Then after you've applied your foundation, done your eyes, brows and cheeks etc, wipe off any remaining 8 Hour from your lips with a tissue.

Your lips will feel beautifully hydrated, soft and supple. Try it, it works!

The benefit of applying the moisturiser to your lips with a mascara wand instead of your finger is that it will have a gentle exfoliating effect, perfect for eliminating dry chapped flaky lips!


The mascara wand will also have the added benefit of stimulating your lips to give you a bit of a youthful plumping look! Oh yes please!

If you're like me and never have a spare, clean mascara wand on hand you can also use a new clean toothbrush to achieve exactly the same effect when applying the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour.

I love this hack! It works wonders on my lips!

You then apply your lipstick, lip liner or lip oil as desired.

Winter Proofing Lip Hack

Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oil

Now let's move on to review one of the stunning new products that Elizabeth Arden has recently launched, the Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oil. It's another great lip product for winter.


The Sheer Kiss Lip Oil is a beautiful new lightweight lip oil that comes in 6 different shades.

Like all Elizabeth Arden cosmetics, not only do these lip oils beautify you with a lightweight sheer lip colour, they also nourish and condition your lips.

They are packed with 5 precious oils including avocado, coconut, peppermint and two different seed oils, to deliver hydration, antioxidants and anti ageing effects for soft, supple, plumped up lips.

These lip oils are also enriched with Vitamin E.

I was lucky to receive the following three shades to trial and share with you.


Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oil

 The shades are from top to bottom:
  • Coral Caress 03
  • Purple Serenity 05
  • Pampering Pink 01
I must admit when I first saw Purple Serenity I was a bit alarmed at the shade wondering if I'd ever wear it out in public! But I have and I will wear it again too! 

Although the shades look pigmented and vibrant in their cute packaging, they are actually very sheer when applied, just like their 'Sheer Kiss Lip Oil' name implies.

Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oil
Pampering Pink, Coral Caress & Purple Serenity Swatches. 

And isn't the unique packaging just the cutest ever! I haven't previously seen anything else quite like it!

The black lid lifts off the bottle and the centre of the packaging where the lip oil sits is squeezy allowing you to push the two sides together to dispense the lip oil out of the top of the round bottle.


Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oil in Pampering Pink


You can apply the lip oil directly onto your lips from the bottle, use your finger or use a lip brush.

If you want a stronger lip colour you will need to either define your lips with a lip liner or you can layer the lip oil over a lipstick.

You can also use the lip oil in conjunction with lip liner and lipstick to create an ombre look on your lips.

This lip oil feels so comfortable and nourishing to wear, it's beautifully hydrating which is perfect for the colder Autumn and Winter seasons. You will need to reapply it throughout the day after eating and drinking but with the packaging looking this cute who would mind pulling it out and reapplying?!

Elizabeth Arden products are stocked in both Myer and David Jones stores.

Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oils

Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oils

NOTE: To assist you to find specials and discounts on beauty & fashion items I have started a beauty & fashion discounts & specials page which I will be updating on a weekly basis. Check it out HERE. 

What tips and hacks do you have for surviving through Winter's dehydrating conditions? 

xxx
Ingrid.


You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:

The above three Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oils were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.


48 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for fancy packaging. This looks fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such clever and easy to use packaging! Plus I do love the look of it too!

      Delete
  2. I love the unique packaging on the lip oils! And what a great hack, I will definitely be trying that out. Great with Winter approaching :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great hack that works well! I've been using it every couple of days on my lips and it's made a big difference.

      Delete
  3. What a helpful piece of advice. I am afraid my poor old lips are suffering from age and the nasty gum inflammation that has been plaguing me since January. Thanks for sharing your tips. Denyse #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love passing on useful tips I learn! I hope your gum inflammation settles down soon, it sounds painful!

      Delete
  4. I love that idea! So simple, but sounds like it would work a treat!! Also those colours are gorgeous and I love the packaging too, so unique.

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great little effective trick!

      Delete
  5. I've been loving these lip oils! At first I thought the packaging was gimmicky but it works beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! The packaging does work well!

      Delete
  6. I have super dry lips at the mo so this could be worth a try

    ReplyDelete
  7. Might have to give this one a try! Thanks for sharing :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy hack to try. Definitely worth trying if you have dry or chapped lips.

      Delete
  8. My lips are feeling the change in temps - they are super dry and flaky. Might have to pop into Myer today and have a look at these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have mentioned in the post, these products will be in store on 1 June 2017.

      Delete
  9. I totally needed this hack! My lips turn to poop in Winter. Dry, scaly and spiky haha. Will def be following this hack. Love the packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. The bottle is the cutest and works well in dispensing the lip oil too!

      Delete
  11. Loving that packaging...& that hack! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This packaging definitely stands out among my other lip oils.

      Delete
  12. I am such a sucker for lip oils during winter. I've been using a Sephora brand one but I'm keen to try these too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is the perfect season to use lip oils!

      Delete
  13. These look so amazing! Thank you for sharing swatches too, the coral shade looks stunning :)
    x Marisa (www.marisarobinson-mua.com/makeup-by-marisa @marisarobinson.mua)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing aren't they! You're welcome re the swatches. The lip oils end up being so beautifully sheer and oh so wearable!

      Delete
  14. I've never heard of lip oils before. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to have introduced you to a category of product you haven't heard of before.

      Delete
  15. Oh I love this tip! I never thought of using a toothbrush to exfoliate my lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an effective and easy tip, just in time for Winter!

      Delete
  16. These look amazing and I love the lip tip! thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to the tip! I hope you find it helpful! Isn't the packaging of these lip oils so cute!

      Delete
  17. What a gorgeous looking product, just right for this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! The timing of this product release in Australia is perfect!

      Delete
  18. I keep seeing these in my feed! I love the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The lip oil looks perfect for popping in a handbag.
    I made some calendula salve with bees wax last spring, I use that on my lips at the moment, it's good for hands too and should last me through winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so clever to make your own salve for your lips and hands!

      Delete
  20. Bless you Ingrid - a terrific tip and one I'll be taking advantage of. Love those lip oils too, and your specials page is one I'll be visiting regularly ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you can use this tip! I find it very helpful!

      Delete
  21. Seriously gorgeous packaging! and i love the mascara wand tip..better than using an old toothbrush lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought a new toothbrush specifically for this purpose!

      Delete
  22. How cool are these! I have never seen them before.
    Thanks for linking up to #MummyMondays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cute yet effective new product

      Delete
  23. I've heard of the toothbrush trick before! It's such a simple idea, I really need to give it a shot and incorporate it into my morning routine before the cold days get to my lips!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a simple trick that takes almost no time or effort to do yet has great soft smooth lip results!

      Delete