Monday, 8 May 2017

How To Wear This Season's Latest Trend Of Ruffles

I'm so glad that ruffles are a big trend again in Autumn - Winter 2017.

I used to be a huge fan of ruffles in my teens, back when Princess Diana was the Queen of Ruffles. Who can forget her amazing wedding dress that began the ruffle trend at that time!

In recent years however I haven't worn too many ruffles as firstly, up to now they haven't been widely available, and secondly, I thought that as a forty plus curvy woman ruffles really weren't an option for me.

This thinking all changed when I saw the The Juwita Shirt in White ($109) at Kennedys Boutique.

Kennedys Boutique has stores in Forestville, Gordon and Oatley, and luckily for everyone not local to these three stores, they also have an easy to use online store.

I loved the Juwita Shirt in white as soon as I saw it in store at Forestville and simply had to try it on. 

Once on, I realised that as long as I balanced the oversized nature of the ruffles with a more streamlined bottom half, curvy me could wear ruffles just as well as anyone else!

I also realised that my love of ruffles was still there strong as ever! Once a ruffle lover, always a ruffle lover!

Plus I always love a crisp white shirt - who doesn't!


Juwita Ruffle Shirt In White
City Chic Midi Tube Skirt
FRANKiE4 Tan GEMMA Boots

In the above photo I teamed my ruffled white shirt with a City Chic slimline Midi Tube Skirt($69.95) which also has a feature zip at the back, adding an extra level of sophistication and interest. 


City Chic Midi Tube Skirt

To break up the black and white I teamed this outfit with my current footwear love, my new FRANKiE4 tan GEMMA boots ($299.95).


FRANKiE4 Tan GEMMA Boots

FRANKiE4 boots are designed by a podiatrist/physiotherapist which is probably the reason why they are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn! They are super supportive with a choice of insoles to wear inside them depending on the width of your foot. As a result they suit a range of foot widths from narrow to wide.

These boots also look stunning! They are just the right ankle height and heel height to flatter and slim your legs. Yes please! I'll take all the slimming help I can get! 

I especially love the detail of the textured back panel of the boots.

FRANKiE4 Gemma Boot in Tan

To add a pop of colour to this outfit I finished it off with red nails and a red bracelet.



Have You Incorporated Any Ruffles Into Your Wardrobe?

Do You Love Wearing Boots In Winter? 


Juwita Ruffle Shirt In White
City Chic Midi Tube Skirt
FRANKiE4 Tan GEMMA Boots

NOTE: To assist you to find specials and discounts on beauty products & fashion items I have started a beauty & fashion discounts & specials page which I will be updating on a weekly basis. Check it out HERE. 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

* The FRANKiE4 Gemma boots were kindly gifted to me. I bought all the other items mentioned in this post. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

51 comments:

  1. You look fab! I have always liked the ruffle look, and lace and embroidery. I like classic pieces to mix with interesting ones. Love those boots too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody. in addition to ruffles, lace is another favourite of mine too!

      Delete
  2. The boots are just gorgeous. I love FRANKIiE4 boots. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it good how boots this stylish are also so comfortable! I love them too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this whole outfit looks amazing Ingrid, right down to the nailpolish shade! Ruffles for the win!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those boots!!!! The ruffle shirt looks fab on you. I'm not sure if I'm ready for ruffles yet, but you can certainly pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! Aren't the boots stunning! They're also comfortable for wearing all day making them my favourite boots ever!

      Delete
  5. This outfit is so gorgeous on you!!! Also I think I need to pick up those boots, they are so nice!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! You can't go wrong with FRANKiE4 boots, I'm so impressed with them!

      Delete
  6. You look fab! Totally wearing ruffles tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration x
    Isabella | www.digyhu.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one great shirt. Perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous shirt! Ruffles are so fun. I was just wearing some today actually! ANd it's nice to wear clothes that make us happy! :)

    Hope you are having a lovely start to the week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mica! Ruffles are fun and definitely make me happy!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! It's quickly become one of my favourite white shirts!

      Delete
  10. What a great shirt and so versatile as well!

    Sammy | Bargainbaglady.com X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is versatile! I've also partnered it with my blue jeans for a more casual yet still smart look.

      Delete
  11. I was big in the ruffles in the early 80's so I think I'll give it a miss this time round. Do love boots...and could go a flamenco style dress should the occasion arise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh a flamenco style dress sounds divine!

      Delete
  12. I LOVE everything about this outfit! I am a lover of a crisp white shirt - yes! And I used to rock the ruffles back in the 80's so I can rock them again. Love your skirt too and your boots. Oh I want those boots! Love your nail polish and bracelet also. Looking great Ingrid! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Min for your lovely compliments! I really appreciate them!

      Delete
  13. I love ruffles - especially in shirts...especially in cuffs. I loved that 80's new romantic look as well. I've stayed away from them though - mainly because I'm short & curvy & feel like they'd overwhelm me. Balancing the bottom though, would work. As for boots, yep, I love me a good boot in winter & a good thong in summer (the foot sort, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a stunning soft grey knit with ruffled sleeves the other day! I'm very tempted to get that too! It would go beautifully with these boots.

      Delete
  14. Oh, and I can't wear white - I'm way too clumsy! I dream of wearing white...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do keep a huge container of Vanish handy.

      Delete
  15. Looks gorgeous. Can I ask how you are finding the boots. I'm having issues with swelling in my ankles and I'm wondering if these would cut into me when that happens. Are they fairly roomy around the ankle and leg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding the boots really comfortable Raychael. If you look at the third photo down from the top of my post you can see how much space I have at the top of the boot and the 4th photo down shows where there is a small elasticised bit at the top of the boot if your ankle does swell. But the best thing to do would be to give the lovely ladies at FRANKiE4 customer service a call on 1300 721 898 to discuss your exact needs with them.

      Delete
  16. I need to take the plunge and embrace the ruffle this season! I love your blouse.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SSG! Do give the ruffle a go! Just start with a small ruffle if you're not too sure about this trend.

      Delete
  17. I used to have the best ruffle shirt back in the day. It was more of a pirate shirt really. Ever seen that Seinfeld episode about the pirate shirt? Similar to that. I appropriately wore it to a Prince concert (RIP).
    #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this after I wrote my comment. Yes! The pirate shirt!

      Delete
  18. You look wonderful, and I love crips white shirts too. Love those FRANKiE4 ankle boots - so versatile :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruffles scare me a little. That's not true. What I mean is that wearing ruffles scares me a little because they remind me of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry wears the Pirate Shirt on tv. Anyway, now that I've totally wedged my foot into my mouth, can I say that your ruffle shirt looks good on you and that you make that outfit look effortlessly cool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes! The puffy shirt! Bahahahahaha!

      Delete
  20. I can't tell you the last time I wore something with ruffles! Wow...maybe as a kid? I'm not sure they'd suit me now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how you've put this outfit together and am swooning over the boots, that heel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the boots!! I only own black boots but these are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how a fashion returns..but like Jo I would find me getting messy. I never wore white..LOL. Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 20/52. Next week "How I learn best."

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look amazing. But I think I'm too short and chubby to wear ruffles. And every time I wear white I end up with something on my clothes. Plus I live in a country town which is famous for red dirt, which gets on EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like it, but think I'd prefer it in black. I can't do white. Looks great on you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am not against ruffles, but I would have to find the right piece to be in love with them. Takes me back to my year 12 formal dress, which was an electric blue taffeta piece from ruffle city!
    Love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very impressed that you're wearing ruffles! Well done, I still have no clue how to style them. Let me know if you do any more outfits featuring ruffles, I'm all up for ideas. Especially love those stunning boots. I really want to try some Frankie shoes but can't afford it right now! (Just spent $240 on a pair of joggers!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. There is nothing better than a classic white ruffled shirt and this style looks gorgeous on you! I love the skirt too (I may or may not have it in my collection hehe) :)
    x Marisa (www.marisarobinson-mua.com/makeup-by-marisa / @marisarobinson.mua)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't own anything with ruffles, but after reading your post, I may have to remedy that! xx

    IndieAna// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  30. Not a ruffle in sight in my wardrobe, but you've sure tempted me Ingrid - absolutely love the outfit you put together, and the nails finish it off beautifully ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't own anything with ruffles in my wardrobe, but I have heard that they can enhance the bust (something I need as a 10C!) so maybe I'll dare to venture down that path. White & me aren't a good mix, so I'll need something that doesn't require a hand wash & can handle copious amounts of Napisan.

    Ladies, I can vouch for the comfort factor of FRANKiE4 boots. I've got both long & wide feet, so I know the pain of finding decent footwear. I tried on a whole heap of their boots at one of their concept stores during a recent holiday & even the IZZY (at 8cm high) didn't feel excruciating. The sad thing was I couldn't afford them. :o( (I did buy another pair of JENNi sneakers though.)

    ReplyDelete