Monday, 11 May 2015

Veet Hair Removal Product Reviews

Can I just say up front that hair removal is one of my least favourite self maintenance tasks! 
So you'd think that going into the winter season where my legs are more often than not completely covered with either stockings, tights, leggings or long pants I'd have a break from this repetitive task for a bit. Well, this would be logical but for the fact that I love the sensation of having smooth hair-free legs. It doesn't matter that almost no one else will see my legs, I will see them, I will feel them and I will know! So even in winter I continue to rid my legs of hair, predominantly by shaving. 

So when the opportunity arose to review a range of Veet hair removal products I jumped at it in the hope of discovering a better and longer lasting method than shaving.

The Veet products I was provided with for review included:
  • Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit
  • Veet Natural Inspirations Face, Bikini & Underarm Wax Strips with Natural Shea Butter
  • Veet Natural Inspirations Sugar Wax with Natural Argan Oil
  • Veet Natural Inspirations Hair Removal Cream with Grape Seed Oil



This product is an electrical self heating wax system with a roll-on applicator designed for leg and arm hair removal. A different sized refill with a smaller roll-on head is also available for purchase and use with this product making it suitable for underarm and bikini areas. This product is advertised as being suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin. 

As a beginner home waxer, prior to using this product, I watched the how-to video on Veet's website. It reassured me just how simple this product is to use. Even so however, being new to DIY waxing I trialled this product on my legs only. 

Clicking the cartridge into the holder and plugging it in was simple. I heated up the wax in the holder for 20 minutes. As the wax did not glide onto my legs easily at this stage I then continued heating up the wax for another 20 minutes. 

Applying the wax in the direction of my hair growth it now glided on smoothly after this extra heating time. I then placed the strip over the wax, smoothed it down several times to ensure it was adhering well to the wax, held my skin taut, then pulled the strip off against the direction of the hair growth. 

The majority of my hairs were removed in this first go but I did need to repeat this process a couple of times to remove the remaining stubborn hairs along that section. To finish off with I used the provided finishing wipes to remove the wax still left on my leg. The overall results were excellent.

This process is definitely more time consuming than shaving my legs, especially when you take the 40 minutes heating time into consideration as well, but the benefit is definitely the longer time frame before needing to deal with hair removal again! Due to this fact, also because this process is relatively simple, mess-free and easy, I will be continuing to wax my legs whenever I'm not in a last minute rush! 

Click HERE to purchase.

Veet Natural Inspirations Face, Bikini & Underarm Wax Strips with Natural Shea Butter ($11.49)



These wax strips were easy, safe and convenient to use with minimal fuss or mess. You warm up the wax strips by rubbing them between your hands. There is no other heating required. You then peel the strips apart and apply them to your skin. After rubbing them a couple of times in the direction of your hair growth to make sure they are well adhered, you simply hold your skin taut and then quickly pull the strip back against the direction the hair grows. To finish off you use the provided Perfect Finish Wipes to remove any wax that may have been left on your skin. If you run out of wipes you can use baby oil instead. Water, soap or alcohol won't work.

I found I had to use the wax strips on each area a couple of times to remove all the hairs and it was a bit tricky determining the direction of my underarm hairs but with more practice I'm sure my technique will improve. It was also a bit hard to position the wax with its surrounding material on my face where needed but once again I'm sure with more practice my technique will improve. Thanks to the added natural shea butter my skin was left not only smooth but also soft and moisturised. I loved the convenience of this method of hair removal.

Click HERE to purchase.

Veet Natural Inspirations Sugar Wax with Natural Argan Oil ($15.49)



I found this product a little bit trickier and messier to use than the Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On kit and the Veet Wax Strips products above. With this Veet Natural Inspirations Sugar Wax product you need to heat the full jar of wax either in the microwave or in boiling water. I chose to use the microwave as it was simpler, easier, quicker and safer. There is a risk of overheating this wax but luckily Veet have developed a safety system involving the blue rectangle you can see on the spatula in the photo above. You can check the temperature of the wax with it, if you can see the blue rectangle the wax is safe to use, if the word "NO" appears the wax is too hot and should be left to cool down a bit before use.

I did have good results with this product and I liked the inclusion of Argan Oil in the product. After waxing my skin felt soft and moisturised.


Click HERE to purchase.

Veet Natural Inspirations Hair Removal Cream with Grape Seed Oil ($9.49).



I liked this product. It was easy to use. You simply apply the Veet Cream using the plastic spatula provided to spread the cream to fully coat the hairs, wait for 5 minutes and then use the spatula again to wipe off the cream and your hairs with it. You then rinse your skin thoroughly to ensure no cream is left on your skin. The instructions advised that this cream is suitable for legs, arms, underarms & bikini line only BUT not on your face or any other body part.

Once again my legs felt moisturised after using this product, this time due to the inclusion of Grape Seed Oil .

Click HERE to buy.

Overall I was happy with all the above Veet hair removal products. For more info about these and other Veet hair removal products go to the Veet website. For people new to Veet products like myself the hair removal how to guides will be really useful. 

Trialing these products has certainly opened my eyes to effective hair removal options other than shaving. 

Do you continue with hair removal in winter? 
Or do you have a break from this task? 
What methods do you use?
xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:

61 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pack. This would certainly have me hair free and smooth for my overseas holiday...leaving here in Winter and flying to summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Veet prize pack sounds like it would definitely be handy for you!

      Delete
  2. I've been interested in trying out sugaring, looks like an easy way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Veet product is definitely worth a try!

      Delete
  3. Waxing has come a long way since I last tried it. This all sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't lie....I do tend to take a little break in winter! I use both wax and razors, depending on the area.
    Sarah F
    sarahdanf@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a break in winter sounds sensible! Hopefully with waxing at least
      I won't have to do this as often as shaving!

      Delete
  5. I really need to get back to waxing my legs again, I love the longer time between maintenance than with shaving, but it's so time consuming. I like the idea of the electrical roll-on wax though, I could definitely give that a go!
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seem to be pros and cons for every method of hair removal! I wish female legs and armpits etc were just hair free to begin with!

      Delete
  6. I'm currently walking around like a wookie, I feel it's better to grow it out during the cooler weather.. but i'm very interested in the sugar wax, i'll go check it out when Im at priceline tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read what you think about the sugar wax if you do get it.

      Delete
  7. I probably have a bit more of a break from daily shaving in winter but I love the feel of nice soft shaven legs.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use veet hair removal cream and really like it. I've never touched wax, and don't plan too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Veet cream is convenient, effective and easy to use!

      Delete
  9. I'm not much of a waxer but I feel like I'm doing it wrong haha! This makes it look so easy! I'd love to give it all a go and see! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The how to videos on the Veet website are really useful for newbies to waxing like me!

      Delete
  10. I have to admit that I'm pretty luck when it comes to bodily hair (not having much of it). That being said, I do get the occasional fuzz on the upper lip that I like to wax. I prefer wax because many of the lotion based removal products give me a rash. :/ :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that I tend to get a bit slack with hair removal in winter. I really should take the time to keep it up as well as I do in summer. Great giveaway, would love to try these waxing products!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This would come in very handy at home, I have 2 caterpillars above my eyes that are trying to turn into 1 big caterpillar. HELP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After going to a beauty salon years ago and practically having my skin ripped off I have shaved ever since. Reading your blog has now opened my eyes to these wonderful products and I might just be able to throw away the razor!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waxing products do seem to have greatly improved over recent years.

      Delete
  14. Oh yes, I need some help and motivation. I'm incredibly slack in winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Versatile,
    Easy,
    Evenly spreadable,
    Totally better than shaving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a shaver (even during winter) - so would love to try these out! Looks awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just the thing I need, when the cold kicks in I tend to let myself get a bit feral.....hairy aka Chewbacca style ;)
    - Di.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just the thing for a hairy man like me (Ern)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I suck at waxing. I love lazor, otherwise I'll use a razor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure If i can bare the pain, may have to fight it though and go for it!

    http://emmajane01.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kim galwayst@hotmail.com14 May 2015 at 02:20

    Much rather do this at home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was super interested to see your review on the at home wax kit... Im still on the fence.. I dont know that I could get away with the time needed with a baby....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great review! My girls (14, 15 & 17) are starting to look at waxing as a hair removal option, it's only taken 12 months of constant suggestions from me. I'm looking into budget friendly options and I think this might just be the way forward.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a total amateur in this space but would love to learn how to do it to save some dollars at the beautician. You have even me some inspiration to try at home and give it a whirl - AWAY from the toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My legs are about as hairy as a yaks! I loved your review but don't know if I have the time, patience or the guts for DIY waxing. I'm dangerous enough with a razor! I think I better leave the hot stuff to the professionals!

    ReplyDelete
  26. God bring you his perfect shalom peace. Nothing missing nothing broken nothing lacking. In Jesus' Name.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I keep going during winter. I like to think it makes me look slimmer :P

    oliviakkoh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's interesting but I seem to grow less hair as I grow older. However, I must tell my daughter about it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am not brilliant at hair removal and have never regularly waxed. I should make a habit of doing more regular self maintenance. I love how much time waxing can buy you compared to shaving.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I use their wax strips, but use vaseline afterwards as I do get irritated. But they the strips do an amazing job. #SITSSaturdaySharefest

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sugar wax sounds like a great idea! I also like the fact that there are great tools like the spatula to make it easier and less messy.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I always wondered about Sugar Wax. I have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ah, the thought of hair removal makes me think of summer. An almost too distant memory as the weather turns cold.......

    ReplyDelete
  34. Home hair removal anything more than shaving scares me. A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great giveaway! Sadly, due to me being prone to getting psoriasis, I can't use products like this or have my legs waxed. Gotta stick to the old fashioned way! I do envy those that have the luxury of choice though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I agree, that dolphin smooth feeling cant be beat! (Or Veet?! lol :)) Great review, might check out the hot wax product when I'm next at Woolies! thank you for hosting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  37. I always use the small wax strips. they are great for chin and lip hairs and when my eyebrows threaten to go mono!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great review! I am a big fan of Veet...well mainly because I hate shaving and love anything that will make removing my legs hairs easier and quicker than shaving. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I actually have this roll away electrical wax kit which I have done a video review on my channel. It's really really good, so whoever wins will love it! :)
    I have switched to shaving at the moment bc I can't stand having hairy legs waiting for them to grow to wax. :) I love Veet but at the moment I am using Schick. x

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would just love this prize for hair that stays off longer, leaving silkier legs.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This veet pack will definitely motivate me to wax my legs and underarms this winter without spending money at the parlour..

    ReplyDelete
  42. Like to keep my legs smooth all year round...can't sleep with 'prickly' legs! Love to try these modern versions of Veet..
    monzajm@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  43. I tend to "Let It Go" in winter, as only hubby sees it then, but this would definitely make me motivated to do something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh I need this despereately my legs have never been so hairy! arballantyne@dodo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  45. What I great pack, I could definitely do with this ;) Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  46. It's interesting but I seem to grow less hair as I grow older
    Laser Hair Removal In Lucknow

    ReplyDelete